Tuesday 25 May 2010

First airborne footage!

We have uav airborne footage! now to go build a stabilised camera platform with PIDs etc...

here it is!







Also, I am moving the project in a different direction, I going to put less emphasis on fixed wing aircraft and move to a tricopter.There are quite a few people working on this, and there is a lot of common knowledge and hopefully I will contribute too. The build is in progress.I am working on the control boards while saving up for the motors etc..

The final idea that is stirring in my mind is a tricopter with wings. So VSTOL + winged flight to increase flight efficiency.At the moment all will still be arduino based,but if the system demands more, I'm ready to graduate to a maple leaf microcontroller!

Peace! Nick out

No comments:

Post a Comment